Wednesday, December 19, 2012

When God says WAIT


I just read an article pas lagi browsing dan kayaknya pas banget buat saya...
And, here it is

When God says WAIT
Do you know what it means to wait upon the Lord?
Apparently the word “wait” here is not simply “just wait”. It means to hold on and to put all your hope in God alone. I once felt screwed up, and didn’t know what decision I had to make. And yet God said to me… Wait!
It could be so frustrating at times. You are dying to know the end result by a certain time, but you don’t have the remote control to preview the ending. You couldn’t just fast forward through the dull part of life. You still have to go through the waiting period.
Waiting is not easy. It gets too long and you might get so bored. To wait needs the other party to take an action. Your effort wouldn’t make a significant progress toward the results. It is like synchronizing my iPod to my iTunes. I have to sync my mind with God’s mind. My iPod shouldn’t play songs that I don’t have in my iTunes. Similarly, I shouldn’t play my own life scenario while God himself has written down my life scenario long before I was born.
“Wait on the Lord” simply means that I trust my God completely. When I think something is GOOD enough, God might not agree with me. He picks the BEST for me. When my clock ticks ON TIME, God says “I am rushing”. Interestingly, when He says WAIT, I will simply have to wait. I am not good enough to convince Him to change His mind nor to rush Him. God is sure His way is higher and His time is perfect.
After all God knows me inside out. The Scripture says that every moment of my life was laid out before a single day has passed. One day when I reach my destination, I will look back and testify how God has fulfilled my heart desires.
To wrap up, I am not saying all of these from a mere optimistic point of view. I am more than being optimistic. I am claiming God’s promises in my life.
When God says WAIT, I will wait patiently,
When I have to WAIT, I will do it joyfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment